Dear Families,
The children of Room 12 have had a jam packed full term. Two things stand out - namely our fabulous, freezing camp, as well as our celebratory Red Carpet Event. Both of these highlighted the unique specialness of the children of Room 12. I am extremely proud of them.
Over the holidays they have a couple of tasks to begin. The first is to decide on a topic for their speech and begin writing this. A notice came home about this today. Secondly, each child has decided on a focus for their science inquiry. I am really excited by the breadth of ideas that the children have around this - making volcanoes, finding out about the Galapagos Islands, human evolution, how music and gravity effect plant growth, researching DNA, making condensation, oil spills. It is great when children can discover new and unique areas of interest. In the holidays, the children are required to begin their experiment and / or research. They have notes to remind them how to write it up. Some may quickly complete their experiments while others may take weeks to do.
I have been very impressed by how many children are racing along on their wide reading challenge - I am confident that the first child to complete their GOLD award will be from R12!
Thank you for your support of your children's learning in these areas. Enjoy your holidays together, I am off to Nelson to visit my parents so I am sure that Daniel will be well spoiled!
Take care of each other,
Tamara Saxon.
I'm going to Auckland in the holidays! Hope everyone else enjoys their 2 weeks off school.
ReplyDeleteSam C