Tuesday, 17 December 2013

One Last Time

One last time Room 12 has composed a pretty special poem. We read The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. We are continuing to do learning of the highest quality, I am so proud of this class.

Changed
Room 12

Clouds raining drops of courage
Upon the heads of the brave
Two paths diverged 
And we took a different one
Seeking challenges and treasures.

This path was full of snaking tree roots
They made us fall and stumble
But we rose stronger
Vines pulled us back
Our strength of character prevailed
We changed.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/305/f/3/sdj__diverging_paths_by_vidpen-d4esms7.jpg 


Changed
Molly

I stare
Two long roads
Leading to adventure.

I take a step
Where no one dared to step.

Then another
Pulling me
I can't resist.

I dive
Into a lake of rose petals
Flying.

The wind blows my hair
Clouds loom
But no,
I keep walking.

 http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/151534/preview/stock-footage-rose-petals-with-alpha-channel.jpg
  

Diverged
Rosie

Grey clouds loom
As drops of courage
Fall.
Two roads diverged
One a field of daisies,
The other
A dark,
Tangled
Forest
Of gloom.

I step forward
A feeling of oblivion overwhelms me.
My instincts overflow
As I step to the right
I look around,
Nervous
I breathe in
And enter the darkness that awaits me.

Not a sound to be heard
Except wolves howling
I flinch
As a rustle is heard
A pair of yellow eyes follow me.

This path with lots of bends
Seeking challenge and risk
But I rise stronger,
Still
My mind daring,
Personality glowing.

I step into a dark,
Dark clearing
And see a ball of light
Float towards me,
Slowly,
Slowly,
Slowly... 

http://www.therockatbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dark_woods_by_gracie16.jpeg


Changed
Sam D

Courage surges throughout my veins
A shiver runs up my spine
I want to turn back
But my legs refuse
I move one
Down the track that bandits roam.

The path turns dark, blackness strikes
But I don't stop
My bravery pulls me on.

I've changed, haven't I?

 http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/174/b/b/Sad_Dark_Woods_by_Alexia_Ashford.jpg
 

Courage
Ella

Two roads diverged
One with daisies
The other without 
I take my pick.

Clouds loom
The wind pulls me
No love
No sun.

I slowly move forward
The wind haunts me
Closer and closer
Until it takes me. 

http://hdw.datawallpaper.com/nature/dark-woods-296684.jpg


Courage
Oliver

Two roads diverged in a shining forest
One had footprints on it, the other didn't
An overgrown ground on one
A clear path on the other.

I step closer to the unknown path
An odd moaning comes from the distance
Beckoning me, I shuffle closer
A gust of wind blows me back
But I struggle on.

Snaking tree roots wrap across the path
I stumble but get up ever time
I continue on into the dangerous path
Struggling through darkness.

 http://farm1.staticflickr.com/146/351230389_6169d157d5_b.jpg
 

Success
Madoka

Two paths diverged
One path filled with happiness and flowers
The other filled with darkness and threats.

My feet take me to the path of flowers
But my heart stops me
With shaking knees I take a step forward
Where no one has ever stepped.

I start walking
My thoughts tangled
Pulled back by vines
But I rise back each time.

My character offended
A tear trickles down my cheek
I take a deep breath
Clutching hold of each precious day.

A streak of success
That no one has ever seen
I smile
A long, true smile. 

http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/stories/1f89ae04b3dba66a5f80733a1cd46fb8.jpg


Paths
Alisha

As I follow the crowd
I find a different path
Clouds cover it
I take a step, two steps forward
Into darkness.

A little light shines in the distance
I step forward
Little sounds shiver up my spine
Music to my ears.

I see a whole lot of fireflys
Coming my way
I run.

http://thespasticbrain.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/two_paths.jpg 


The Paths
Leighton  

The paths we walk
Clouded by the mist
In my head.

Mixed emotions confuse my thoughts.

The path we walk
Stones on the long narrow road
Tripping me up.

As I ponder
A clearing in my mind appears.

The path we walk
Opens the light
Of bravery. 

http://finkorswim.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/YellowLight_1372223.jpg 


Difference
Tanaya

Two roads diverge
In the hands of courage
Filling up the clouds with the soul
As I walk down, oblivious to the fact that someone is watching me
A pair of purple eyes follow me as I walk
A double door opens into silence
The paper flies into my hands
And as I walk
Slowly and slowly
The walls turn. 


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAWjCvQ3eelOoNSC2bhSJOO9YfD-COXzNyTAETFOdHjSINYdm_9DYq7v_sbGc_NXdEAHzuzUsOIS9fVaFllDEvP0YDbFuhGnGdI5TjbBvYkwGLBnAeEwCfrhAzQBYA6cI183ntgaQQOTo/s1600/Frost+Two+Roads+Diverged.jpg

2 comments:

  1. It's sad that it was our last poetry session for the year:(
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, also, for being such an AMAZING class! Best year EVER!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete