Monday, 10 February 2014

Seeing Colours

This morning we tried to describe colours in quite a different way...

I Asked the Little Boy Who Could Not See
Isabella

I asked the little boy who could not see
"What is colour like?"
Yellow is like a dandelion blowing softly in the wind.
Orange tastes like newly baked tarts,
Hot out of the oven.
Red is the feeling of mother love.
Green is like a lime's sourness as it hits your tongue.
BLue sounds like water,
As it rushes down the stream.
Pink is like a strawberry icecream
Drooling down my face.
Purple sounds like a load of lightning hitting the ground.
White is when your head hits the pillow
As you fall asleep. 


I Asked the Little Boy Who Could Not See
Isaiah

I asked the little boy who cannot see,
"And what is colour like?"
Red is angry
Like when my parents yell at me.
Blue is sad as can be
Like getting put to sleep.
Yellow is happy, happy, happy
Like riding a roller coaster at Disneyland.
White is nothing,
Plan and empty.



I Asked the Little Girl Who Could Not See
Paige

I asked the little girl who cannot see
"What is colour like?"
Green is like the rustling of bushes, trees and plants
As the wind brushes through their stems.
Red is like anger
Boiling up inside of an angry devil.
Yellow is like the soft and cosy
Inside of a sunlight filled bed.
And black is like long silky hair
Brushing through your hands.
Blue is like tap water
Leaking into a puddle on your feet on a summer day.
And white is like the sticky touch of fluffy candyfloss around your mouth
As you bite another chunk.
Purple is like the slimy tongue of a giraffe
Pulling leaves out of your hand.
And last but not least, it is all colours
Creating a rainbow and your life.



I Asked the Little Boy Who Could Not See
Findlay

I asked the little boy who cannot see
"What is colour like?"
Red, he said,
Red is like the swelling of war
Which is growing in the admiral's brain.
Green is like the breath of wind
Whistling and howling over the thistles in a paddock.
Purple is like a thunderstorm
Shooting electricity strikes down on the city.
The last drop of water in your water bottle
Is like blue.
Pink is the first taste of a little girl's favourite cupcake on your tongue.
Yellow is like the sizzling of butter
In the frying pan at home.
And white is the cleanest colour there is.



I Asked the Little Boy Who Could Not See
Ruairi

I asked the little boy who cannot see
"And what is colour like?"
Purple is like the eye of a storm
Rolling over the city.
Red is like the sweet harmony of calm music.
Blue is a waterfall
Crashing down, down on rocks.
 Green is like the sound of war
Storming into the forest.
Yellow is like the burning sun
Heating up the world.
White is your dream
Drifting off into dreamland.



1 comment: