Monday, 28 July 2014

Our Potentials

The Moment
Elizabeth

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would capture the sea
With all my might
It would take me wherever I wanted
To the highest mountain,
Or the deepest ocean
With nothing, just me
As I try and reach my dreams
They elude me
Luring me into freedom.

http://www.coverpimp.com/wp-content/uploads/1734-blue-sea-and-sky-clouds.jpg


Finn

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would combine all the world's mountains
To form the greatest mountain of all
With a view that no other mountain has
It would be harder to climb than Mt Everest
So high that the top is on Mars
No one could conquer it.

 Mountains wallpaper


Ngaire

To tame the storm
To pull the lightning
From the dark clouds
Sit amongst them
Build my palace
That contains my future.

To reach
To grasp the stars
To carry them
Take them into my heart
Cradle them
Never let them go.

To reach
To reach for the moon
With its soft glow
To let it elude me
It is to be shared.

http://joshandamyoettle.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/glowing-moon_oxford.jpg


Nguts

To write down all I contain at this morning
Is like a volcano building up pressure
I explode my lava flows, sweeping across the oceans.
To eliminate the weapons of war
But I have only two hands and a heart
I cannot do it on my own
But I can make a start.

http://static2.egu.eu/media/filer_public/2012/07/14/karymsky-3c438e544cb046916800fcbd69724d0f.jpg


Adam

Dreams falling off the branches of my mind
Are like leaves falling off trees
Getting carried by the wind
Past many pairs of eyes
Slowly dropping to the land below its mystical journey
Finally landing o the ground to rot all alone
In this world of walking warriors.

These hidden thoughts fill the skies
With dreams of rocky oceans
And mountains made of water
And deserts made of fire that exists in the furthest corners of the earth
That hold the secrets of 100 dead men.

http://www.information-age.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_portrait/public/article_images/articledir_2117/1058717/1_feature.gif?itok=K51mkk4N


Fritha

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would capture all the clouds
And weave them together
Into one soft blanket
To stretch across the world
To catch the people
And stop them falling through the cracks
But I only have two hands and a heart
To hold my blanket across the world
As I try to hold it up
It escapes away into my dreams.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/15401910.jpg


Sophie

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would roll the trackless snow into my imagination
As it pushes me
Pushes me to my potential.

As the night comes
I climb the ball of snow
Grasp the stars
As the bright glow fills the world
With happiness.

http://www.antlerridgelodge.com/uploads/photos/lodge-winter-photo.jpg



Mia

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would pour the calmest waterfall into a glass of emptiness
The puddles in a bucket
As I grow older my goal becomes trickier.

But as days and nights pass
The waterfall becomes rough
The puddles turn into an ocean
I realise that I only have two hands and a heart
To carry the waterfall and puddles.

What can I contain of it?
It escapes my body
Leaving me behind
As a new dream begins.

 http://taiwanswaterfalls.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/imgp6859.jpg
 
Braeden

To write down all I contain at this moment
Smoke flowing up in the dark sky
Lava flows down the side of the volcano
The volcano explodes up in the air
To make heat for everyone
So they won't get cold
But I only have two hands and a heart.

 http://hdrwallpapers.com/walls/volcano_erupting-other.jpg


And finally Amelia's from last week that she was so proud of...

Amelia

Dark skies rumble over the village
Wind howling through the limp trees
Scarlet leaves burying feet
Smoke filling the air as snow falkes drop
I run for shelter
The bitter wind strikes me again
The smell of steak wafts into my nose
Luring me in.

A spark of light flickers
Everything goes silent
Snow eddying around me
Ice crystals form on the ground
Tossing debris into the air
Everything and everyone scatters.

 http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bare-tree-vector-7556558.jpg
 

1 comment: