Monday, 10 November 2014

Robert Frost Inspired Poems

See if you can guess which Robert Frost poem inspired our writing this morning...

My Path
Finn

Everyone taking the same path
All acting like clones
Do I really want to be
The tortoise in the sea?
I take a risk and take the other way
As something makes me hesitate
But I ignore it
I want to choose my own way
I want to live my life.

 http://www.apathnottaken.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/6-TWO-PATHS.jpg
 

Kyan
Every day, every year in a forest
People go on the same path.

I wonder why? Maybe something is luring them in?
Or they might be in a group?

They could be ganging up  on something in that path?
It's quiet and silent.

I choose that path
I slowly walk in
It feels lonely, but it's worth it
No-one has gone through
It leads to my future.

 http://silentwindsofchange.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/two-paths.jpg


My Own Path
Ruby

I wonder what's down that warn path
And "why?" is one so overgrown?
Should I take the evenly laid path.

Then I took the overgrown path
Maybe I would come back and see what people want down this evenly laid path.

And then I'll know what I want
And I want to be different
And I'll walk down my own path.

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZQOGzZhiGmololqP31ldOvJFOWYaA6XCeh3Xp61B2UYx9jPzRVnEED-I2saV0ACcmcC1VxSoygiIZC95k8GyLSsK3x1wcd0E7hGEVa2N3wDo8ZXJe0vUvGEbWBPjnyZbnWmhEsayFQYsr/s1600/two-paths21.jpg
 

Sophie

When everybody chooses the same path
I start to wonder
Do they know why?
Or do they just want to be the same as everybody else?

As two paths lay before me
I see a line of clones
Trying to lure me in
But I resist.

I want to be unique
I want to reveal myself
And choose my own path.

As I head towards the overgrown path
I hear people telling me to choose their path
But I have made my decision.

I weave my way through the overgrown greenery
Feeling alone but strong
I make my own way
To choose my future.

 http://theanonymousdemeanorofarandominsane.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/16291838-autumn-forest-with-two-paths.jpg


My Path
Chloe

As I walk in a crowded city
Everyone takes the new path
I stop
People push and shove me over
I sit in the middle
Wondering what way I should go
The new path or the old rugged one
I stand up
I step into the old path
Something lures me in
Now I can't stop
Moss all over the earth
Trees' limbs bend over me
Like I'm in another world not the city
As I see fresh water
And a small cottage
With moss all over
I peep inside the window
I think I've found my life.

 http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/two_road2.jpg


My Path
Paige

Everyone takes the over used path
To grow up like everyone else.

I start to wonder
Why not make your own choices.

I want to be different
I want to stand out.

I choose the path that no one uses
I take the lonely way.

A phantom calls to me
"Be like everyone else."

But I push my way through the vines
And I take my way.

I don't want to be lured in
And I take my way.

I take my path
I choose my own way to life.

 http://9f1780.medialib.glogster.com/media/15794aa84bac331847ea25f43c069f56a49c8cd5dfb93f60dd4bf105218de6ab/two-paths-300x225.jpg


Amelia

Every day I come to a stop
Two paths lay before me
Oblivion crosses my mind
I stumble forwards
Everyone pointing and staring at the other path.

"I wan to be different"
I want to make my own decisions"
I trudge forwards
Through overgrown grass
Struggling, I carry on.

Every day I come to a stop
Two paths lay before
And I choose the right one.

 http://traveliciousdee.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/two-paths.jpg


That Thing Called Fear
Adam

Everyone follows the same decrepit path
I stop and wonder
"Why?" I ask
I formed rebellion against the force
The force that entices us to keep moving forward.

I step off the path that's luring us in
My perilous journey is about to begin
I come to a turn in this ancient path
And come across death with his towering staff.

I veer off the track
Creating my own
This very path will guide me back home.

Tranquility and peace for all that lives near
But for now all I know is that thing called fear.


http://www.websoftwareqa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/two-paths.jpg


The Paths
Maia

I saw two roads
Everyone's going on one side
Cracks, moss, no one was going on this side
Everyone was terrified
I take a risk.

Everyone's yelling "Come on this side"
I take my chances, I take the path
As it lures me in.

I said to myself
I'm brave
I'm courageous
I'm daring.

As I walked into the path I see two eyes staring at me
I continue.    

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZQOGzZhiGmololqP31ldOvJFOWYaA6XCeh3Xp61B2UYx9jPzRVnEED-I2saV0ACcmcC1VxSoygiIZC95k8GyLSsK3x1wcd0E7hGEVa2N3wDo8ZXJe0vUvGEbWBPjnyZbnWmhEsayFQYsr/s1600/two-paths21.jpg

This morning some of us looked back at our very first poems and were blown away by how we had improved!   

1 comment: