Monday, 8 April 2013

The Moment...

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would collect the trees' leaves
And squeeze out the calmness and peace
The colours red and gold.

I can only store it in my heart and hands
And may not have room for it
May not have room for it
And my own potential.

The decision I have to make is a hard one
Do I be a greedy, selfish person?
Or a generous, helpful character?
No, I can't be that egocentric.

Evie

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/2259417-122963-autumn-bright-red-and-gold-leaves-in-park.jpg 



Sweet Silence
Leighton

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would try to capture 
The sweet solitude of silence
From the harmony of the songbird.

The silence would slowly float across the land
Echoing throughout the hills 
Although it cannot glide corner to corner
The silence will do its best
To bring peace.

http://joyceshotwell.com/images/bird_singing.bmp



To write down all I contain at this moment
I would try to capture the wind
That is trying to whistle away
Howl away
And elude me.

It is floating into silence
Floating into calmness
Trying to leave this world with peace.

It brushes gently against the leaves
It caresses my cheek
It is like the mother of nature
Covering the world with a blanket of freshness.

Making souls pure
And delivering joy to the world
Over time.

Madoka

http://www.anthonydlrose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Leaves_falling.jpg



Mysterious Snow
Conal

To write down all I contain at this moment
I would capture the snow's flakes
Trying to find a matching pair
Discovering the secret of snow.

From the top of the tallest mountains
Snatching a galactic tarpaulin
Hold the passion of snow
In just two hands and a heart.

Searching one by one
Looking til dusk
I am tireless
Until the second appears.

I give in
I walk away
But something calls
Stop stop
Wait, is that it?
Is that the matching pair?  

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgmaIECTwuo60ewn-zp14gy0_h2s9XkfleAzyRSZB74b95CuG7HiYMJdxuFuKS3JM-4OjHXsj9GsLZuKrm8l5WnhIVHH2vJMYYz9a8aqM4OJDU2dOJUuZjVdehWIMAoL2Mc2LBFzA_GpYG/s1600/snowflakes.jpg



Rising Moment
Sam C

To write down all I contain at this moment
To capture the earth in a bucket
And change the course of mankind
For it is too late for my potential.

The harmonybird is singing
My fate lies ahead of me
But it eludes me, escapes me
Its presence eliminates me
My moment rises.

But not today,
Not today...

http://www.inc.com/uploaded_files/image/does-your-idea-have-potential-pop_10707.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Great poetry Room 12!!

    Sam C's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I'm blown away by the ability. No way could I have had the form of these poets at such youth. Greg S (Conal's Dad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, the class were thrilled with your compliment - they love blowing their parents away!! Ms Saxon.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Conal's Dad! I thought ALL of the poems were AWESOME! I especially liked Leighton's!
      Rosie

      Delete