Monday, 5 August 2013

Who Has Seen the Wind?

Neither you nor I.....

The Voice of the Wind
Sam C

 It calls, like a silent voice
Howls, like a grey wolf in the distance
Caressing my gentle cheek
It's coming, coming...

An ominous howling looms
Giving a message of danger
Crack! A tree has fallen
The storm has struck!

Houses picked up
And tossed about like rag dolls
Cars, pirouetting in the air
Then blackness, dark, blackness.

http://severe-wx.pbworks.com/f/tornado.jpg 


Windswept
Rosie

A supple hand reaches out 
Gently caressing my gnarled, leathery cheek
A carriage trots past
Disturbing the rhythm of the soothing whistle
Of the voice.

An ominous whine
Frolicks through the trees
A signal of warning
Zig zags in and out of the clouds
Trying to warn
Trying to save.

A hostile gust
Erupts
Rearing towards the village
Sending petticoats flying
Hats tumbling down the road
Like tumbleweeds rolling down the hill
As the wind ripples through my soul
I fall
And all that is left is one newspaper
Flapping gently
Then falling to the ground,
Dead...

http://quantumbiologist.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tumbleweed.jpg   


Have You Seen the Wind?
Catherine

A quiet whistle echoes
As the wolves howl
Awakening the bowing trees.

An ominous voice calls
A heavy force of wind rushes
Through the air
As the clouds race ahead.

As the trembling leaves are forced to flee
To their destiny.   

 http://troymayr.com/gallery/art/images/01/0003.jpg 


Ominous Forest
Daniil

A cool breeze brushes my cheek
As if trying to warn me
Ominous howling lurks
A long pause
A decision is being made.

Swans fleeing to the north
An ear piercing scream
Strikes the helpless forest
Leaves pirouetting
Trees struck down
As the full force of the storm lord attacks
Nothing is safe
Debris scattered.

Morning comes
Angry clouds roll away
Sun comes up
To uncover the damage.

http://www.tornada-cz.cz/cases/20020807/obr/FCH1.jpg  


Have Your Seen the Wind?
Alisha

As the calm waves stumble in
I feel a soft hand caressing my cheek
Birds fly across the stern sky
Leaving the clouds bare.

Trees awaken
Leaves fly across in the howling wind
Becoming an empty space.

The wind starts to pirouette around me
Becoming heavier and heavier
Coming towards me
I turn around.  

 http://www.paintingsilove.com/uploads/12/12039/autumn-cloudy-day.jpg 


Wind
Baxter

The wind caresses my cheek
As it strikes past me
Unable to be caught,
Roaming around
Through the trees
Leaves floating to the ground.

The roaring wind has hidden itself
From afar
Quietness spreads its wings over the sky
All is calm before the storm.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Rolling-thunder-cloud.jpg/300px-Rolling-thunder-cloud.jpg 


Cyclone
Isabella

A cool breeze caresses my cheek
A faint voice calls me
Leaves rustle through pines.

A howling wind
"A storm, a storm"
Clouds change to grey
A cyclone appears
Right before my eyes.

I gasp, running for my life
The cyclone is knocking down everything in its path
It whips me up
All is over.

 http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/001/cache/dakota-prairie-tornado_127_990x742.jpg 


Evelyn

A faint whining voice calls
Trapped amongst the clouds
A soft hand caresses my cheek
And beckons me to join it.

I follow,
The strength builds up
Pushing me along the sky  
I dance in the sky, pirouetting to the rhythm of the wind.

A breeze blows me along
Swaying trees dance along with us
The hand picks me up, throws me
I fall into its arms
Then it disappears. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lukizzcaHx1qgz0ilo1_500.jpg



Ella

A gentle hand caresses my cheek
An obscure voice
Beckoning me to come
Suddenly disappears.

Trembling trees
Rustling leaves
As I stand beneath them
Breaking them to pieces.

Debris everywhere
Driftwood
Stones
Everything has gone horribly wrong.


http://rippleeffects.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/weaselhead-natural-area-debris-mud.jpg 


Sand Tornado
Molly

Dark clouds loom
Creating a forcefield of darkness
Ominous howling comes from afar
As he rises from the dead.

Spraying sand herds together
A sand tornado heads towards the sea
Giant splashes of water
Smashing against the rocks.

Passing through the sea
Breaking everything in its path
Heading for the horizon
Leaving only debris.

  
http://wallfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Tornado-Over-Sea.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I like Evelyn Catherine's Rosie 's but Alisha's is just evil Emma

    ReplyDelete