How much fun have you had jumping in puddles?!
Jaden
Hopping, jumping, splashing and dashing
Disintegrating all those puddles
Animals walking by screeching, growling, hissing, meowing and barking
Children pounding with glee
Old people spoiling their fun
Tonnes of water soaking my clothes
Slipping, getting covered in mud
Flashing through, separating them
Goodbye puddles
All gone.
COnfused, wondering where they went
Waiting for another big bucket of rain
Smashing more puddles.
Nguts
Rain stops
I laugh like crazy
Gumboots on
Grab my scooter
We are off
In search of puddles
Woosh, water flies
Soaking Braeden
As he scooters pastAs we scooter away.
Isabella
Leaping into icy cold water
Seeping through my clothes
Laughter of delight
As dad comes for revenge.
Trembling with fear
As dad brings out the big guns
Helpless, scared
As he mocks me.
I run for it
Trying to escape
I hit the jackpot
The biggest, fattest puddle I have ever seen.
Ruairi
I launched myself, attacking
Blue, but then red
I can't hold it in
So I let it out to the world.
I find another for a new equation
Me + old lady + water = laughter and anger
But I still have to run to survive
I use my headstart as it seeps in.
I take it and sprint home
Quickly, quietly and stealthily
To get warm, fed and charged.
Sophie
Jumping in puddles
Water seeping into my shoes
Drenching my brother
Soggy clothes.
Trying to find another puddle
As a grumpy looking man passes me
He gives me a stern look
I don't dare splash him.
Rain drops off my hair onto my body
As I shriek with laughter
Jumping and splashing
The joy of puddles.
Adam
Ecstatic children laugh and play
For hours and hours on end
Car whip up puddles high and far
Mocking the children as they play.
Cheers of glee
As water drenches ignorant animals
Hairy gorillas wander past them
I don't dare splash them.
A colony of rats scramble across a rough, wet road
Dodging traffic and racing through puddles
The golden sun drops below the horizon
And the light follows.
Ruby
Splashing, soaking
Drenched with water
Hiding, waiting to soak
My older sister.
I squeal with laughter
As I get saturated
With muddy puddles
Sluggishly I find another puddle.
I scatter home
Before mum finds out
I snuggles into bed
And doze.
Paige
Jumping in, splashing out
Saturated, drenched, soggy, soaking
Water pelts me
Seeping into my skin
I splash everything that passes me.
An ancient man waddles past me
A grumpy expression passes over his face
When he catches a glimpse of me
I don't dare splash him.
A thought of happiness passes through my mind
The thought of sogginess and fun
I giggle gleefully as my dad flicks his hands
And water sprays off.
Oh, the joy of puddles.
No comments:
Post a Comment