Monday, 1 December 2014

Learning About Life From Our Special People

Can you guess who the authors are and who they are writing about?

A young girl and her dad together
Filling the air with incessant energy
Making it hard
Not to have fun.

Laughing at each other
Have fun whenever you like
No matter what happens
There's always time for fun.

Take a risk
Make your dreams
Come true
Choosing my own path.

http://www.thebigidea.co.nz/files/imagecache/display/images/TonySimpson.jpg


My only way to life is to find
Where I sit or stand
But there is only one thing that starts me.

I push myself to the limit
I remember someone saying to me
"Don't give up when it's tough."

I always keep
It in the back of my mind
All the time
Whenever
It always keeps me safe.

http://www.philzendia.com/wp-content/uploads/images/e2ff356f0809_8075/challenges.png


As we wait upon
The unknown
We laugh
We talk.

Until we felt a nibble
And another
Was it a slimy mammal?
I asked.

I quickly reeled it up
Into the bright world above
But it was too small
It was lucky it was not going to be grilled.

http://thumb101.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/305224/114299437/stock-photo-yellow-caution-sign-explaining-that-someone-has-gone-fishing-114299437.jpg


My mum andI
Following the path
Through nature
Towards life.

Listening
To the voices of trees
Whispering secrets
To one another.

Understanding
The call of warning
What I will go through
In my unknown future.

Finding
Where I belong
What I will become
Finding my own way in life.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/03/58/45/3584511_21fe8286.jpg


Dad and I sit
Waiting
For the sound of wind
Weaving through the power lines
It's like the challenges life will bring
Weaving in and out of you.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/stevensalzberg/files/2014/08/670px-power_lines.jpg


A girl and her dad
The sun shines constantly
Open skies revealed all under
Tall trees make dark shadows.

A solitary bird sings a lonesome song
As he tells secrets of the world
As the branches
Sway in the calm breeze.

And at the end
We sit and look
At the outstanding
Work we did.

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/755417-bigthumbnail.jpg


We walk
Getting lured to the right
But I choose
To go to the left.

As I walk
I hear a noise
A call
From a man
Looking.

Looking for something
Or someone
Saying
Be Strong
And Don't Doubt.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/147104255-father-and-daughter-walking-on-a-beach-at-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=2ZSj9c8SbO9Y62SSqF8DGEoO8KTd9gMR1qsfr9IKe8U%3D


The waves
They tumble over
It broke their hearts
It took them
Took them to a world
Of despair.

They held each other up
Barely breathing
Underneath the unwelcoming veil
Of swirling clouds.

And as they fell
Something let them rise
Shining
As they looked down
On the land
That held their future.

http://todayspictures.slate.com/20090210/images/PAR193037.jpg


A Boy and His Dad
They sit
Waiting, remembering, observing
The faint sound of water echoes in the background
They are thinking the same thoughts
Remembering the same memories.

Darkness falls as he teaches his son
Deciding the path into the unknown
And beyond.

http://fathers.com/wp39/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dad-holding-preschool-boy-silhouette.jpg


You've given me a passion
To stick with what I'm doing
I learn to defend myself
Because of you
I feel safe around you
I'm glad you're my teacher
I feel loved because of you
I'm lucky to have you.

http://www.chansmartialarts.com/kf/Schools/LukeMurdoch.jpg


We sit
Waiting, watching
Observing the unknown
A crack of thunder splits the sky.

Incessant booming banishes the silence
A drop of life strokes my skin
Leaving a patch of hope
We stare at each other
And laugh.

A relationship came to life
An irresistable one
One that can not be replaced.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/220/7/3/dark_countryside_by_aFxIPuLsE.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment