By Room 12
Slung across the blossoming branches
Of our imagination tree
Is a silvery web
Glimmering in the sunlight
Beckoning me to climb aboard.
I place my foot and take a step
As my journey begins
A magical waterfall appears below
Rushing water spilling over rocks
Escaping to the sea.
I dive into the ocean's churning tides
Swallowed by the depths
I climb upon a dolphin's back
And am taken on a ride
To impossible worlds.
The Web
Conal
Slung on the blossoming branches
Of the faraway tree of imagination
Is the silvery web of dreams
It beckons me to climb aboard.
I take the step
My life lies on the web
A barren land appears below
Empty
But only lasting seconds
A luscious green rainforest takes over
Full of life.
To the other side lies
The home of glaciers, Antarctica,
Glinting in the sun
I fall
All seems to be gone
But my imagination takes over.
The Tightrope
Molly
I climb the blossoming branches
My imagination tree is pulling me in
The silver web
Glimmers in the moonlight
Taking me to a mystical world,
Beckoning me to stay.
I take my first step
My journey begins
I glare down
Watching the wild animals
Frolicking in the golden meadow.
I follow a trickling stream
leading to a magical waterfall
I peer at the seal pups
Flipping and diving into the pool
A splash of water hits my face
I laugh, joy fills my heart.
My foot takes me along further
I plunge into the sea
A whirlpool drags me
To a herd of dolphins surround me
I ride one taking me
To an impossible world.
The Path of Imagination
Max
As I stare up at the stars
I notice a web slung between the worlds of infinity
Pleading me to ride it
It seems impossible but as I climb aboard
It became the path of imagination.
I swung from web to web
Gaping at the earth
So beautiful, so graceful, dancing in the stars
The moon joins in, as it pirouettes,
Around the deep blue planet.
But the dance is short lived
For a golden glow creeps around the eastern horizon
And the birds begin their show
Ducking and diving, tweeting and twittering
The world is full of light.
I see a golden waterfall
Flowing into some caves
The mouth looks like a dragon's mouth,
I fly inside the underground river
Where will it go?
The Dream Tree
Oliver
The web slung across the flourishing branches
Of the dreaming tree
The dew shimmering in the sunlight
Beckoning me to clamber aboard.
I climb on and take a couple of steps
As my excursion begins on this dream tightrope
A strange land appears below me
A tuatara emerges out of nowhere
And pushes me off my feet, down onto the land below.
I land with a thump
And recognise where I am
I am in the past, and surrounded by T-Rex
A brachiosaurus stomps by and I hitch a ride
To impossible lands.
Holly
Slung across broken branches
Of a broken tree
Dull grey silk hangs
Beckoning me to climb aboard.
I take a step but fall
I try again and finally make it
But all I can see is a wall
Blocking my way from imagination.
I plunge into a deep dark world
Nowhere to go, nowhere to hide
A cry from a nearby building
Loud footsteps come closer
Bullets hit the curb
Destroying my world.
The Web
Isabella
Slung across the low branch of the wishing tree
It glimmers
It pulls me in
Closer, closer I go.
I take a step on the flying train
I soar higher and higher
And see the crystal pool
With a waterfall pouring into the pool
Water splashing over the rocks
Gushing out to sea
I decide to follow it.
Out to sea I go
With dolphins splashing
"Grab on"
Further and further I go
Until mum calls me in.
The Water Tree
Emma
Climbing up the magic tree
Is a web with dew sparkling
Glimmering in the light
Beckoning me to stay aboard.
I perch a foot on a line
As my journey awakes
"I'm ready" he called
A magical lake appears below
Rushing water spilling over logs
Escaping.
I plummet into the sea's depths
As I climb up the whale's back
To worlds you can't imagine.
Train
Giles
Glittering in the night
In a corner
Out of sight
A tree, golden beauty
Dancing in practise
The web willows
I climb aboard
The one way train
Glancing through
A Pegasus rides beside
Beckoning for a ride
The train pulls to a halt
My imagination ends.
The Peace Tree
Leighton
A pathway across the clouds
A yellow mermaid calls my name
I follow
Up a ladder
And onto the path.
I walk across
The bright white fluff
Filling the blue sky
Look down and see
The innocent blood and broken tears.
I free fall to see
The crying city dripping blood
Trying to escape the chains
The bullet penetrates the town.
I free the prisoners
And stop the war
But I am a forever prisoner
To peace.
Imagine
Catherine
The glittering silver web
Sparkles in the sunlight
From our wishing tree
Pleading me to come aboard.
I place one foot before another
My journey begins
As I peer over I see
Gushing waterfalls smashing on the rocks
Escaping to the ocean's voice
The dolphins call me.
I close my eyes and dive
I open my eyes, I'm on the dolphin's back
And taken on a ride
It takes me to the mermaid's castle.
The Web
Isabella
Slung across the low branch of the wishing tree
It glimmers
It pulls me in
Closer, closer I go.
I take a step on the flying train
I soar higher and higher
And see the crystal pool
With a waterfall pouring into the pool
Water splashing over the rocks
Gushing out to sea
I decide to follow it.
Out to sea I go
With dolphins splashing
"Grab on"
Further and further I go
Until mum calls me in.
The Water Tree
Emma
Climbing up the magic tree
Is a web with dew sparkling
Glimmering in the light
Beckoning me to stay aboard.
I perch a foot on a line
As my journey awakes
"I'm ready" he called
A magical lake appears below
Rushing water spilling over logs
Escaping.
I plummet into the sea's depths
As I climb up the whale's back
To worlds you can't imagine.
Train
Giles
Glittering in the night
In a corner
Out of sight
A tree, golden beauty
Dancing in practise
The web willows
I climb aboard
The one way train
Glancing through
A Pegasus rides beside
Beckoning for a ride
The train pulls to a halt
My imagination ends.
The Peace Tree
Leighton
A pathway across the clouds
A yellow mermaid calls my name
I follow
Up a ladder
And onto the path.
I walk across
The bright white fluff
Filling the blue sky
Look down and see
The innocent blood and broken tears.
I free fall to see
The crying city dripping blood
Trying to escape the chains
The bullet penetrates the town.
I free the prisoners
And stop the war
But I am a forever prisoner
To peace.
Imagine
Catherine
The glittering silver web
Sparkles in the sunlight
From our wishing tree
Pleading me to come aboard.
I place one foot before another
My journey begins
As I peer over I see
Gushing waterfalls smashing on the rocks
Escaping to the ocean's voice
The dolphins call me.
I close my eyes and dive
I open my eyes, I'm on the dolphin's back
And taken on a ride
It takes me to the mermaid's castle.
The Web
Madoka
In my garden
On a piece of grass
The web was slung
Dew sparkling
In the fresh morning sun.
As I cautiously wander into my world
My heart pounding
I slowly rise up
Up into space
I gently clasp the moon to my chest
Clasping it for comfort.
Then I see a wall
The wall stops me
From finding happiness and excitement
And laughter
Stopping me from everything.
I float up into my dreams
Into the future
Thinking
Thinking with no answers
Continuously.
Swinging into nowhere
Lingering in mid air
With nowhere to go
Nowhere to hide.

I like Isabella's poem Emma
ReplyDeleteWhoa, there's some serious poetry going on! I read through everyone's and even went back to a couple!!!!
ReplyDeleteR.H