I know that some of you have had some drama during the holidays, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need to.
This morning we looked at a poem by Walt Whitman about animals. We talk a lot about growing our vocabulary and have a Wow Wall in our room to record many of our phenomenal words.
The Difference
Oliver
Their destiny is beneficial
They live honourably
And hunt til their heart's content.
While we humans desire much more paraphernalia
And we long to have things that we don't need
Such as intricate clothes, fortune, and wealth
Our greed is much deeper.
No secrets to be hidden
Nothing hides hope
Humans have a short life of greed
While animals have a long life of playfulness.
Character
Madoka
Accepting what they have
Equality is what exists
Not weeping for their sins
Every animal treated equally.
They have what we don't have
Special thoughts and emotions
Giving you some sort of power
Just like a soul mate.
I long for their power
Their special warmth
And something else
Something that I don't know about.
Character
Sam D
Desirable humans flooded with greed
Honorable animals hunting with need
No need for wealth and power.
No need to bow down and worship
Own will strikes them
Animals dislocated from greed.

I love Sam d poem it gives me the shivers Emma
ReplyDelete