Monday, 14 October 2013

Brave and Vulnerable

We were asked to be brave and vulnerable authors today in our writing...

The Midnight Song
Evelyn

Rain escaping the howling sky
A shiver runs up my spine
Cowering from what's lurking inside.

A song of loss comes from the clouds
Guilt snatches the light
Sun screaming from the corner.

The moon mocks all that dares to move
Commanding a storm
I listen,
A song. 

http://www.wallcoo.net/nature/photo_art_manipulation_3_1920x1200/wallpapers/1920x1080/moonlight.jpg


A Voice
Madoka

A streak of light pours
Pours through the endless dark world
Hardly seen.

There is no will
No life
No feeling
Nothing.

A voice echoes in my ears
My heart shakes
I flee
A shadow follows.

There is no hope
No hope at all
I am trapped
All alone
I cower.

I feel fear
A voice echoes through y heart
"Beyond all the badness, there are chances."

I manage a small smile
Then close my eyes. 

http://www.findingthegracewithin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/hope_by_iskander1989-d5rtxuw.jpg


The Chimes
Giles

As the daft bells
Lurk into darkness
The glory drums
Come into play.

When the mayhem cymbals
Play their tune
They know it's time to fear
Time to hide.

The trumpet of triumph
Falls into its place
Silence
The bells ring again.

 http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Bell.jpg
 

Fear
Alisha

Emotions fill my fear
As a shadow flickers across the room
Voices drowning me
Darkness covering my life.

Mold covering walls 
Rain pours as I step outside
The birds stop chirping
The bells stop ringing
As I am left alone.

Torturing my life
Leaves float down
As the wind passes
Dark clouds head towards me.

http://www.wallpaperswala.com/wp-content/gallery/dark-cloud/big-dark_clouds.jpg


Darkness
Emma

As a voice occurs to me
Running, I stop, freeze
The voice has come.

Darkness surrounds me
Birds stop chirping
Bells stop ringing.

From near and far
I listen
Darkness is a fear.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/11836690.jpg
  Fear
Baxter

A voice follows me in my shadow
My stomach clenches
Nowhere to hide
Fear surrounds me
Mist and darkness shadow my thoughts.

A faint light through the mist
Looming
A flicker of hope
A voice appears.

  http://images.sciencedaily.com/2013/02/130218102914-large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment